I really want to ramp this community up, especially in light of the fact that conservatives are starting to see that Bush is not quite the leader they had hoped for. If there is anyone out there willing to lend a hand, drop me a line. In the meantime, I have some serious hard ball questions for any Republican that isn't hiding under the coffee table.
Questions for Republicans:
1. Why, when officials in New Orleans were confiscating guns from everyone, even if legally owned did:
a. The NRA initially support the move, then make an about face days after the fact?
b. The Republican controlled White House, Senate, and House of Representatives sit there and say nothing?
2. Does any Republican honestly believe that Meirs is really going to be another Clarence Thomas or Antonin Scalia or do you feel another David Souter waiting in the wings?
3. Conservative ideology dictates war as a means of defending our national sovereignty and the sovereignty of our allies. War is to be fought between governments and damage to those countries is to be minimized to military targets as practical. The war is to be concluded as quickly as possible and the country is to be rebuilt. Conservatives abandoned this doctrine in Korea and Vietnam to engage in warfare to minimize the spread of an ideology. I ask Republicans how Iraq and Afghanistan is different?
4. If Republicans are so committed to The War on Drugs (yeah, remember that one?) why is Afghanistan, which we occupy, still producing roughly 80% of the worlds Opium. This is directly turned into heroin which makes it straight to our streets. Does anyone see a disconnect here?
5. Why, more than 4 years after 9 -11, are our borders still wide open and hemorrhaging illegal immigrants into this country?
6. If our military is to be used to free countries oppressed by dictators do we not have plans to bring about massive change in Africa? Might it be because they have no oil for us to exploit or do you really believe that we invaded Iraq to free them?
7. Why, if the Iraqi people wanted to be free so bad, did they not rise up and overthrow the regime? This has been the status quo in the middle east for 2000+ years.
8. Why were British troops in Basra dressed up as insurgents, driving a car full of explosives, shooting at and killing Iraqi police officers, arrested, and then subsequently broken out of jail by the British military using helicopters and tanks? If you have not heard of this, why not?
9. Why was FEMA blocking aid and supplies from reaching local authorities in New Orleans after Katrina? Why were they killing communications utilized by local authorities in New Orleans? Why did some small towns in Louisiana and Mississippi post Sheriff's at the towns borders to prevent FEMA from entering? If you have not heard of this, why not?
10. Is anyone paying attention to the hearings on the outing of CIA operative Valerie Plame?
11. Why, I repeat, WHY in the world would Bush want to VETO a military spending bill that has a rider PROHIBITING us from using TORTURE on combatants? It was passed 90 - 9 in the Senate. Why does our president, who claims to be a Christian, want to keep the right to torture people? Can any Republican tell me why a policy of torture is anything but helpful to our men and women in uniform let alone the security of our nation?
12. Name a constitutional right the Bush has not attempted to find congressional powers to negate during his tenure?
I am not a liberal. I am a conservative. From where I stand Bush is a liberal. Why do you still follow him? I know many of you out there will be tempted to answer these questions, but I really want to hear these answered by a card carrying Republican. I am calling you out.